Hi all,

I get the TooManyClauses exception by some wildcard queries like :
(a) de*
(b) country AND de*
(c) ma?s* AND de*

I'm not sure how to apply the solution proposed in LuceneFAQ for the
case of WildcardQueries like the examples above.

Can you confirm if it is the right procedure?

1. Override QueryParser.getWildcardQuery() to return a ConstantScoreQuery.
2. Break up the query to identify the wildcard query part.
3. Create a custom Filter for the wildcard query
4. Create the final query using the custom filter.

If the item 2. is right, can you suggest me an optimal way to do that?

Thank you
Patricio

  • Uwe Schindler at Sep 10, 2009 at 9:11 am
    Or use Lucene 2.9, it automatically uses constant score mode in wild card
    queries, if needed.

    -----
    Uwe Schindler
    H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
    http://www.thetaphi.de
    I get the TooManyClauses exception by some wildcard queries like :
    (a) de*
    (b) country AND de*
    (c) ma?s* AND de*

    I'm not sure how to apply the solution proposed in LuceneFAQ for the
    case of WildcardQueries like the examples above.

    Can you confirm if it is the right procedure?

    1. Override QueryParser.getWildcardQuery() to return a ConstantScoreQuery.
    2. Break up the query to identify the wildcard query part.
    3. Create a custom Filter for the wildcard query
    4. Create the final query using the custom filter.

    If the item 2. is right, can you suggest me an optimal way to do that?

    Thank you
    Patricio

  • Patricio Galeas at Sep 10, 2009 at 12:01 pm
    Hi Uwe

    But if I don't use Lucene 2.9, is this procedure (items 1-4) the right
    way to avoid the TooManyClauses exception? or is there a more efficients
    procedure to do that?
    Thanks
    Patricio

    Uwe Schindler schrieb:
[...]