Hmmmmm. Let's see the queries, and query.toString() may give
you some clues. I *suspect* that you really didn't index language.
Did you, perhaps, not re-index all your docs? Or use an analyzer
that didn't fold case when searching but did when searching (or
It's *possible* that you've got some kind of case problem. I've also
done really silly things like stared at the field for hours and never
noticed that it was "langauge".
Two things would help:
1> show us the index code you actually use.
2> make an index with, say, two documents and attach it to a post. Maybe
someone with eyes less tired than yours will spot the issue.
Because you're right. This *should* work just fine, so there's probably
something that'll make you slap your forehead when you figure it out.
I speak from experience here, I've given myself lumps on my forehead
when someone pointed out *perfectly obvious* problems that I couldn't
find for hours<G>.
On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Ian Vink wrote:
I have created an index and each document has a contents field and a
contents has the flags: Indexed Tokenized Stored Vector
language has the flags: Indexed Stored
In luke I can search contents fine, but when I try to search the field
language, I never ever get results.
Every document has a language field populated which I can see in Luke's
I have tried language:english and even made language the default field.
I gotta be missing something simple....