In the free first chapter of the new Lucene in Action book, it states
that it's targetting Lucene 3.0, but on the Manning page for the book,
it says the code in the book is written for 2.3. I'm guessing that
the book is the authority on what the book covers, but could somebody
maybe change the Manning page to reflect that?

  • Michael McCandless at Aug 26, 2009 at 11:57 pm
    Thanks for spotting that! We'll work with Manning to get it fixed...

    Yes, we're targeting 3.0 not 2.3 :)

    Mike

    In the free first chapter of the new Lucene in Action book, it states
    that it's targetting Lucene 3.0, but on the Manning page for the book,
    it says the code in the book is written for 2.3.  I'm guessing that
    the book is the authority on what the book covers, but could somebody
    maybe change the Manning page to reflect that?

  • Erik Hatcher at Aug 27, 2009 at 1:49 am
    I've pinged Manning to get this corrected. Thanks for the heads-up.

    Erik
    In the free first chapter of the new Lucene in Action book, it states
    that it's targetting Lucene 3.0, but on the Manning page for the book,
    it says the code in the book is written for 2.3. I'm guessing that
    the book is the authority on what the book covers, but could somebody
    maybe change the Manning page to reflect that?

  • Tsuraan at Aug 27, 2009 at 3:29 pm

    I've pinged Manning to get this corrected. Thanks for the heads-up.

    Erik
    No problem. I'm about to order the beta book, and I'm looking forward
    to the final copy. Thanks for writing it :)