On behalf of the Data Intensive Infrastructure unit (DERI) [1], I'm
pleased to announce the first public version of SIREn (Semantic
Information Retrieval Engine).

SIREn, the Information Retrieval system at the core of the Semantic Web
Index Sindice, is now available for download and includes the full
source under Apache License 2.0. SIREn is based on best practices and
our own experience in solving large-scale semi-structured data search.
Our goal is to bring the benefits of state-of-the-art techniques for
semi-structured Information Retrieval into Lucene / Solr, and to provide
a full-featured search engine for semi-structured data.

This is our first release, and by no means you should consider it
feature complete or final. There is still much work to do, such as
improved ranking and new indexing schemes, but we believe it to already
be reasonably stable and useful in its current form.

Some examples of the possibility are:
- indexing plain n-triples documents,
- indexing entity-centric RDF description,
- indexing tabular data (IMDB)
and are available at
http://siren.sindice.com/documentation.html

Source distributions are available at
http://siren.sindice.com/download.html

Please visit our project site for more information at
http://siren.sindice.com/

Any and all feedback is welcome at
http://lists.deri.org/mailman/listinfo/siren

A special thanks to Nickolai Toupikov, Robert Fuller, Michele Catasta,
and Giovanni Tummarello who provided value suggestions and inputs to
make this project happen ... but also to the Data Intensive
Infrastructure Group and DERI.

[1] http://di2.deri.ie/
--
Renaud Delbru