Hello,

I have 100k index with documents with one searchable field in it. That
field has multiple values for example

doc( search: X search : X Y search: X Y Z id:1)
doc( search: X Y K id:2)

I am using Standard Analyzer for building and searching, and having problem
with scores

if the term is "X Y" the document 2 is getting higher score then document 1.

Please can someone suggest way that doc 1 will score higher?
Maybe I need to use some specific query type?

Thanks

  • Mark Harwood at Jul 7, 2009 at 7:08 pm

    if the term is "X Y" the document 2 is getting higher score then
    document 1.

    That may be length normalisation at play. Doc 2 is shorter so may be
    seen as a better match for that reason.
    Using the "explain" function helps illustrate the break down of scores
    in matches.

    You could try indexing that field without "norms" or use a custom
    Similarity at query time to ignore the length normalisation factor.

    Cheers
    Mark

    I have 100k index with documents with one searchable field in it.
    That
    field has multiple values for example

    doc( search: X search : X Y search: X Y Z id:1)
    doc( search: X Y K id:2)

    I am using Standard Analyzer for building and searching, and having
    problem
    with scores

    if the term is "X Y" the document 2 is getting higher score then
    document 1.

    Please can someone suggest way that doc 1 will score higher?
    Maybe I need to use some specific query type?

    Thanks

  • John Seer at Jul 7, 2009 at 8:47 pm
    I already tried to use custom similarity (I set all methods to return 1f)-
    doesn't work.
    I just try norms idea as well no change

    markharw00d wrote:
[...]

  • Mark Harwood at Jul 7, 2009 at 8:52 pm
    I just try norms idea as well no change
    You'll need to look at searcher.explain() for the two docs or post a
    Junit or code example that can be executed which shows the issue