When ever i reopen my index, I do some warm up queries.

I have few fields which will be used as filter and few others using BooleanQuery. Currently I am executing warm up queries for those fields which are part of Query and not part of Filter.

My question is whether Warmup queries should include filter fields? Whether it will give any benifit?

In case of query field, I could give any text, I don't need to worry whether it is available or not. If filter fields to be included, then i have to choose the search criteria which is available in the index. Is that correct.

Regards
Ganesh

  • Ian Lea at Jul 3, 2009 at 9:29 am
    I think you should warm as much as possible: queries, filters, sorts,
    whatever. And I think that the warmup searches should match stuff
    that is available in the index. You'll get warming of internal lucene
    structures and also OS disk IO cache. Taking the last n queries
    executed on the previous searcher can work well.

    --
    Ian.