Currently I am using Sybase with Hibernate for my database needs. I've been
implementing Hibernate Search (HS) and it works very well. I use Sybase
because of the Row Level Security package. But that is suddenly not valid
when using HS because it blindly indexes the data. Is there a way to
simulate Row Level Access on that indexed data? Meaning when whatever class
talks to that directory, it would know about the current user and search the
indexed data. If a piece of data matches, the class would check the
permissions(just extra fields), and if the user does NOT have permissions to
view that piece of data, it wouldn't even leave the index directory.

I could implement something in Java land that would filter the data when it
is returned to whoever calls it but that goes against the security
requirements I am working with.

Thanks
Bryan

Search Discussions

  • Emmanuel Bernard at Jul 1, 2009 at 12:30 pm
    Have you looked at the Hibernate Search declarative filter feature which
    is some bells and whistles on top of the Lucene filter feature.

    Typically you would keep the credential levels in the document and
    filter by the user's credential.