I know lucene 2.9 would be the next release, do we have
the release date yet (roughly, 6 months away, or longer)?

Knowing this would help us to schedule our work, thanks
for helps!

Lisheng

  • Michael McCandless at May 21, 2009 at 5:21 pm
    Sorry for the slow response.

    It's really not clear when 2.9 will be released. We have accumulated
    a number of good improvements -- higher performance field sorting, new
    higher performance Collector (replaces HitCollector) API,
    segment-based searching, attaching a String label to each commit from
    IndexWriter, new TokenStream API, near real-time searching,
    refactoring of MultiTermQuery & its subclasses, new TrieRangeQuery
    does much faster numeric range searching, cloning IndexReader, and
    other stuff, so I think we really should do a release soon.

    The challenge is development is very active right now -- there are
    many interesting improvements in flight still.

    So it's not clear.

    Mike

    On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Zhang, Lisheng

    I know lucene 2.9 would be the next release, do we have
    the release date yet (roughly, 6 months away, or longer)?

    Knowing this would help us to schedule our work, thanks
    for helps!

    Lisheng

  • Tim Williams at May 21, 2009 at 5:27 pm