Hi Shay,

I think IndexWriter.getReader from LUCENE-1516 in trunk is what
you're talking about? It pools readers internally so there's no
need to call IndexReader.reopen, one simply calls IW.getReader
to get new readers containing recent updates.

-J

BTW I replied to the message on java-user@lucene.apache.org.