We are using hibernate search that is an abstraction on top of lucene. Has
anyone used this in a clustered environment? There is built-in JMS ( master
/ slave ) support for this but the assumption is that the slaves get updates
every 30 minutes or more from the master. Our application requires that all
indexes be up to date within ~5 seconds after metadata changes. Our index
is not huge, < 500k rows and the amount of index on disk is currently only a
few hundred megs.

Search Discussions

  • Stephane Nicoll at May 4, 2009 at 6:16 am
    Hi,

    There are many more alternatives available to the JMS bridge. There is also
    the abilty to do incremental copy of the index over a shared filesystem for
    instance. That being said, 5 seconds seems really short to me.

    I read all this in "Hibernate Search In Action" but I suppose the online
    material has the reference as well.

    HTH,
    Stéphane