I am working on a project that is already using Lucene (through Hibernate
Search) to perform full text queries and have since come across several
sites with information about LocalLucene/Lucene Spatial. I was wondering if
there was a timeline for having this work implemented that anyone was aware
of?

Search Discussions

  • Grant Ingersoll at Mar 18, 2009 at 6:10 pm
    In the trunk, see contrib/spatial. I believe it is all committed and
    being worked on by interested contributors: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/spatial/

    -Grant
    I am working on a project that is already using Lucene (through
    Hibernate
    Search) to perform full text queries and have since come across
    several
    sites with information about LocalLucene/Lucene Spatial. I was
    wondering if
    there was a timeline for having this work implemented that anyone
    was aware
    of?

  • John Wang at Apr 20, 2009 at 12:07 am
    Is there a reason the Query build is from a bitset via a ConstantScoreQuery
    instead a RangeQuery? Seems we would be paying a penalty for loading the
    bitset, esp the bitset would be rather sparse.

    Furthermore, is TrieRangeQuery planning to be somehow used in the spatial
    package?

    Thanks

    -John