Hi All,

I had posted the below mentioned query a week back and I have not
received any response from the group so far.
I was wondering if this is a trivial question to the group or it has been
answered previously.

I appreciate your answers or any pointers to the answers are also welcome.

Regards
Vasu

I have a question on the proximity query usage in Lucene Query Syntax.

The documentation says "W1 W2"~5 means W1 and W2 can occur within 5 words.
Here W1 & W2 represents Words.

What happens when I give "W1 W2 W3 W4"~25 as proximity query?

Does it treat each word pairs (W1, W2) , (W1, W3) , (W1, W4) , (W2, W3) ,
(W2, W4) , (W3, W4) can occur within 25 words?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards
Vasu

  • Erick Erickson at Mar 2, 2009 at 6:45 pm
    See page 88 in Lucene In Action for a fuller explanation, including
    ordering considerations.

    But basically, phrase query slop is the maximum number of
    "moves" be required to get all the words next to each other
    in the proper order. If you can get all the words next to each
    other within slop moves, you succeed.

    So, it's not pairwise. I don't want to reproduce the example
    in the book, but that'd be the place to start.

    Best
    Erick
    I had posted the below mentioned query a week back and I have not
    received any response from the group so far.
    I was wondering if this is a trivial question to the group or it has been
    answered previously.

    I appreciate your answers or any pointers to the answers are also welcome.

    Regards
    Vasu

    I have a question on the proximity query usage in Lucene Query Syntax.

    The documentation says "W1 W2"~5 means W1 and W2 can occur within 5 words.
    Here W1 & W2 represents Words.

    What happens when I give "W1 W2 W3 W4"~25 as proximity query?

    Does it treat each word pairs (W1, W2) , (W1, W3) , (W1, W4) , (W2, W3) ,
    (W2, W4) , (W3, W4) can occur within 25 words?

    Looking forward to your reply.

    Regards
    Vasu

groupjava-user @