As I was reading the post "Re: TopDocCollector vs Hits: TopDocCollector
slowing....", I just got curious on how he explained his change from Hits to
TopDocCollector. I'm assuming that the Hits is returned from a call of:
Searcher searcher = new Searcher();
searcher.search(xxx, xxx) - that will return a Hits object

I was searching the javadoc API (2.3 and 2.4) and didn't found any method
that returns TopDocCollector object from a searcher.search(xxx, xxx) call.

Would be a great help is someone can expound this. I might be able to use
this in future implementation.

Regards,
Jay Joel Malaluan

  • Grant Ingersoll at Feb 5, 2009 at 12:03 pm
    http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/api/core/org/apache/lucene/search/Searcher.html#search(org.apache.lucene.search.Query,%20org.apache.lucene.search.HitCollector)

    The TopDocCollector is a HitCollector.
    As I was reading the post "Re: TopDocCollector vs Hits:
    TopDocCollector
    slowing....", I just got curious on how he explained his change from
    Hits to
    TopDocCollector. I'm assuming that the Hits is returned from a call
    of:
    Searcher searcher = new Searcher();
    searcher.search(xxx, xxx) - that will return a Hits object

    I was searching the javadoc API (2.3 and 2.4) and didn't found any
    method
    that returns TopDocCollector object from a searcher.search(xxx, xxx)
    call.

    Would be a great help is someone can expound this. I might be able
    to use
    this in future implementation.

    Regards,
    Jay Joel Malaluan
    Grant Ingersoll
    http://www.lucidimagination.com/

    Lucene Helpful Hints:

  • Jay Malaluan at Feb 6, 2009 at 12:56 am
    Hi,

    Thanks for pointing me to the API. I found the explanation I'm looking for
    at:
    http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/api/core/index.html?org/apache/lucene/search/Hits.html

    There's an example on how to use the TopDocCollector instead of Hits.

    Regards,
    Jay Joel Malaluan