Hello all,

This question is not related to Lucene and i hope some folks might have
faced this issue.

My java app uses RMI and i wanted to run it as a service both in windows and
linux. Is there any open source projects available to do that? Whether
tomcat could host RMI app.

Suggest me, if there is any other way?

Regards
Ganesh

  • Joseph Syjuco at Jan 22, 2009 at 6:52 am
    Hi,

    You can try this one

    http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/download.jsp

    "XP is making a bet. It is betting that it is better to do a simple thing
    today and pay a little more tomorrow to change it if it needs it, than to
    do a more complicated thing today that may never be used anyway" - Extreme
    Programming Explained, Embrace Change

    Best Regards,

    Joseph F. Syjuco
    Team Lead
    M3 Alpha - e-Commerce
    __________________________________
    Lawson PSSC, Inc.
    4th Floor, One World Square Building
    Upper McKinley Road, Taguig City 1634
    Philippines

    Work: +63 (2) 976-3600 loc 79396
    Mobile: +63 (917) 855-3436
    Web: http://www.lawson.com
    Email: joseph.syjuco@lawson.com

    -------------------- Internet e-Mail Disclaimer --------------------
    intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are
    addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any
    use, disclosure, copying or distribution of the information is prohibited.
    In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender
    by reply e-mail. The views expressed in this e-mail and any attachments
    are personal and, unless stated explicitly, do not represent the views of
    Lawson Software, Inc.

    "Ganesh" <emailgane@yahoo.co.in>
    01/22/2009 02:11 PM
    Please respond to
    java-user@lucene.apache.org

    <java-user@lucene.apache.org>
    cc

    Subject
    Lucene app to run as daemon service in windows and linux

    Hello all,

    This question is not related to Lucene and i hope some folks might have
    faced this issue.

    My java app uses RMI and i wanted to run it as a service both in windows
    and
    linux. Is there any open source projects available to do that? Whether
    tomcat could host RMI app.

    Suggest me, if there is any other way?

    Regards
    Ganesh

  • Ganesh at Jan 22, 2009 at 7:01 am
    Thanks.

    http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/download.jsp is free to use in open source projects. It requires license to use in commerical products. I am looking for free or which costs less.

    Regards
    Ganesh
    "XP is making a bet. It is betting that it is better to do a simple thing today and pay a little more tomorrow to change it if it needs it, than to do a more complicated thing today that may never be used anyway" - Extreme Programming Explained, Embrace Change

    Best Regards,

    Joseph F. Syjuco
    Team Lead
    M3 Alpha - e-Commerce
    __________________________________
    Lawson PSSC, Inc.
    4th Floor, One World Square Building
    Upper McKinley Road, Taguig City 1634
    Philippines

    Work: +63 (2) 976-3600 loc 79396
    Mobile: +63 (917) 855-3436
    Web: http://www.lawson.com
    Email: joseph.syjuco@lawson.com

    -------------------- Internet e-Mail Disclaimer --------------------

    This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of the information is prohibited. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. The views expressed in this e-mail and any attachments are personal and, unless stated explicitly, do not represent the views of Lawson Software, Inc.

    "Ganesh" <emailgane@yahoo.co.in>
    01/22/2009 02:11 PM Please respond to
    java-user@lucene.apache.org

    To <java-user@lucene.apache.org>
    cc
    Subject Lucene app to run as daemon service in windows and linux

    Hello all,

    This question is not related to Lucene and i hope some folks might have
    faced this issue.

    My java app uses RMI and i wanted to run it as a service both in windows and
    linux. Is there any open source projects available to do that? Whether
    tomcat could host RMI app.

    Suggest me, if there is any other way?

    Regards
    Ganesh

  • Koji Sekiguchi at Jan 22, 2009 at 8:56 am
    Ganesh,

    There is Commons Daemon project:
    http://commons.apache.org/daemon/

    I'm not sure it works for you (RMI on Windows) though, but please check.

    Koji