The PMC is pleased to announce that Patrick O'Leary has been voted to
be a a Lucene-Java Contrib committer.

Patrick has contributed a great foundation for integrating spatial
search with lucene. I look forward to future development in this area.

Patrick - traditionally we ask you to send out an introduction to the
community; its nice for folks to get a sense for who everyone is.
Also check that your new svn karma works by adding yourself to the
list of contrib committers.

Welcome Patrick!

ryan

  • Ryan McKinley at Jan 16, 2009 at 7:17 pm
    dooh, never hit paste in the subject line

    The PMC is pleased to announce that Patrick O'Leary has been voted
    to be a a Lucene-Java Contrib committer.

    Patrick has contributed a great foundation for integrating spatial
    search with lucene. I look forward to future development in this
    area.

    Patrick - traditionally we ask you to send out an introduction to
    the community; its nice for folks to get a sense for who everyone
    is. Also check that your new svn karma works by adding yourself to
    the list of contrib committers.

    Welcome Patrick!

    ryan

  • Patrick o'leary at Jan 16, 2009 at 7:52 pm
    Thanks Folks

    I'm in the business well over a decade now; Started my career in my country
    of origin in Ireland, and have since lived & worked in UK and the US. I've
    also traveled extensively establishing development groups in remote offices
    for my company
    in a few countries.

    I've worked in several areas, from global publishing services, CRM's /
    fulfillment systems, web server development, to technical operations and for
    the past number of years have made a home for myself in search and local
    search.

    My background has been in CS, math and physics.
    And despite the rumors my user name "pjaol" is actually an acronym of my
    full name, which is only ever used
    by my mother when I'm in trouble :-)

    It will be a pleasure to continue working with all of you, and thank you
    again for this honor.

    Thanks
    Patrick O'Leary

    The PMC is pleased to announce that Patrick O'Leary has been voted to be a
    a Lucene-Java Contrib committer.

    Patrick has contributed a great foundation for integrating spatial search
    with lucene. I look forward to future development in this area.

    Patrick - traditionally we ask you to send out an introduction to the
    community; its nice for folks to get a sense for who everyone is. Also
    check that your new svn karma works by adding yourself to the list of
    contrib committers.

    Welcome Patrick!

    ryan

  • Michael McCandless at Jan 16, 2009 at 8:14 pm
    Welcome aboard Patrick!

    Mike

    patrick o'leary wrote:
[...]

  • Shalin Shekhar Mangar at Jan 16, 2009 at 9:44 pm
    Welcome Patrick!
[...]

  • Mark Miller at Jan 16, 2009 at 9:46 pm
    Welcome Patrick!

    +1 for LocalLucene.