Hey folks,

I saw this error in my code base after upgrading lucene-2.4 from lucene 2.3.
have folks seen this before and any idea ?? is it related to fix of

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: length 11 exceeds the size of the
termBuffer (10)
at org.apache.lucene.analysis.Token.setTermLength(Token.java:526)
at
com.linkedin.search.pub.stemming.impl.filter.AccentFilter.next(AccentFilter.java:42)
at
org.apache.lucene.analysis.LowerCaseFilter.next(LowerCaseFilter.java:34)
at org.apache.lucene.analysis.TokenStream.next(TokenStream.java:47)
at
com.linkedin.search.pub.stemming.impl.filter.PushbackFilter.next(PushbackFilter.java:52)
at
com.linkedin.search.pub.stemming.impl.filter.rewrite.RewriteFilter.next(RewriteFilter.java:58)
at
com.linkedin.search.pub.stemming.impl.filter.rewrite.RewriteFilter.next(RewriteFilter.java:70)
at
com.linkedin.search.pub.stemming.impl.filter.rewrite.RewriteFilter.next(RewriteFilter.java:39)
at org.apache.lucene.analysis.StopFilter.next(StopFilter.java:120)
at org.apache.lucene.analysis.TokenStream.next(TokenStream.java:47)

  • Michael McCandless at Nov 18, 2008 at 10:43 am
    Can you post the code fragment in AccentFilter.java that's setting the
    Token?

    In 2.4 we added that check (for IllegalArgumentException) to ensure
    you don't setTermLength to something longer than the current term
    buffer. You should call resizeTermBuffer() first, then fill in the
    char[] for the token, then call setTermLength.

    Mike