Hello Everyone,
New to Lucene..

We currently roughly 100Gig of log files. We are needing to build a search
application that can return rows of data from the files and combine the
results?

Does Lucene index the content in the files?

Will it be able to find matching criteria say a date and then return the
next X number of lines?

The indexing piece, how does it work if I am looking for something that has
been added to the file since the indexing has taken place?

Thanks,
Chris

Search Discussions

  • Ganesh at Oct 15, 2008 at 8:37 am
    Lucene will not be able to directly index the files. You need to write a
    parser to parse the files and provide its contents.

    In case if a file got modifed after index, then you need to re-index its
    content.

    Regards
    Ganesh

    We currently roughly 100Gig of log files. We are needing to build a
    search
    application that can return rows of data from the files and combine the
    results?

    Does Lucene index the content in the files?

    Will it be able to find matching criteria say a date and then return the
    next X number of lines?

    The indexing piece, how does it work if I am looking for something that
    has
    been added to the file since the indexing has taken place?

    Thanks,
    Chris

  • Lukáą Vlček at Oct 15, 2008 at 8:50 am
    Hi,

    it has been a while when I was working with Compass but as far as I remember
    someone reported that he was successful in indexing filesystem via JCR
    (Jackrabbit). Try searching in Compass forum (
    http://forum.compass-project.org/index.jspa). May be this would be useful to
    you.

    Regards,
    Lukas