Hi everybody,
I'm trying to use the Lucene index on a web application, on which there are many concurrent users. How can I share the Lucene index to many concurrent users? Some people said that a shared index is accessible only by one user at time...

Thank you
Carmelo

Search Discussions

  • Anshum at Oct 3, 2008 at 7:59 am
    Hi Camello,

    It is pretty straight opening index searchers for the same index directory.
    In other words just open multiple saerchers to the same index location and
    it would work fine.

    Anshum Gupta
    Naukri Labs!
    http://ai-cafe.blogspot.com

    I'm trying to use the Lucene index on a web application, on which there are
    many concurrent users. How can I share the Lucene index to many concurrent
    users? Some people said that a shared index is accessible only by one user
    at time...

    Thank you
    Carmelo
  • Mindaugas Žakšauskas at Oct 3, 2008 at 8:01 am
    Hello Carmelo,

    Can you clarify what is "index" in your case? Concurrency issues, I believe,
    are well explained in:

    http://darksleep.com/lucene/
    (see "Digression: Thread Safety" chapter).

    Regards,
    Mindaugas
    I'm trying to use the Lucene index on a web application, on which there are
    many concurrent users. How can I share the Lucene index to many concurrent
    users? Some people said that a shared index is accessible only by one user
    at time...

    Thank you
    Carmelo

groupjava-user @