hello,

is there any date for the 2.3.3 release?

best,
-C.B.

Search Discussions

  • Michael McCandless at Aug 4, 2008 at 11:34 pm
    Alas, not yet -- at least it hasn't been discussed yet.

    Mike

    Cam Bazz wrote:
    hello,

    is there any date for the 2.3.3 release?

    best,
    -C.B.

  • Cam Bazz at Aug 5, 2008 at 12:05 am
    I am still in trouble deleting documents.

    Appearently - when an indexwriter and searcher is open at the same directory
    - you can not delete documents with ids.

    to delete documents with ids you need to access indexreader which is only
    accessible tru the indexsearcher, thus resulting in a lock exception.

    Best,
    -C.B.

    Cam Bazz wrote:

    hello,
    is there any date for the 2.3.3 release?

    best,
    -C.B.

  • Michael McCandless at Aug 5, 2008 at 12:46 am

    Cam Bazz wrote:

    I am still in trouble deleting documents.
    OK but 2.3.3 isn't going to help you here -- it doesn't change
    anything about deletion of docs.
    Appearently - when an indexwriter and searcher is open at the same
    directory
    - you can not delete documents with ids.
    If you need to delete by doc id, this is true. You must close your
    IndexWriter before attempting the delete from an IndexReader, and vice/
    versa.

    Can you delete by query instead? That you can do from IndexWriter.

    Mike

  • Cam Bazz at Aug 5, 2008 at 12:50 am
    yes, thats why I asked any news for release of 2.3.3.

    I will be using it in a production environment and a little paranoid about
    using the trunk.

    I have been waiting for this delete by query for a long time.

    Best,
    -C.B.
    I am still in trouble deleting documents.
    OK but 2.3.3 isn't going to help you here -- it doesn't change anything
    about deletion of docs.

    Appearently - when an indexwriter and searcher is open at the same
    directory
    - you can not delete documents with ids.
    If you need to delete by doc id, this is true. You must close your
    IndexWriter before attempting the delete from an IndexReader, and
    vice/versa.

    Can you delete by query instead? That you can do from IndexWriter.

    Mike

  • Michael McCandless at Aug 5, 2008 at 9:11 am

    Cam Bazz wrote:

    yes, thats why I asked any news for release of 2.3.3.
    Ahh, OK, but: 2.3.3 won't have deletion by query because it's just
    another point release after 2.3.2. Ie it will only have bug fixes
    specifically backported from the trunk.

    2.4 is the next release off the trunk (that will have deletion by
    query).
    I will be using it in a production environment and a little paranoid
    about
    using the trunk.
    Understood!
    I have been waiting for this delete by query for a long time.
    Well if you could try out the trunk (not in production) and see if
    it's working for you, raise any issues you hit, etc, that'd help us
    make sure it's working right...

    Mike