Can someone explain this to me?

After indexing I can see the terms I expect in the top terms using Luke but
then when I search I get no results??

This is really bizarre and is blocker for me.

Thanks.

  • Aravind Yarram at Jul 24, 2008 at 6:49 pm
    r u using the same analyzer, which u used for indexing, in the luke as
    well?

    Regards,
    Aravind R Yarram
    Enabling Technologies
    Equifax Information Services LLC
    1525 Windward Concourse, J42E
    Alpharetta, GA 30005
    desk: 770 740 6951
    email: aravind.yarram@equifax.com

    samd <sdoyle_2@yahoo.com>
    07/24/2008 02:45 PM
    Please respond to
    java-user@lucene.apache.org

    java-user@lucene.apache.org
    cc

    Subject
    Luke shows in top terms but no search results??

    Can someone explain this to me?

    After indexing I can see the terms I expect in the top terms using Luke
    but
    then when I search I get no results??

    This is really bizarre and is blocker for me.

    Thanks.

    This message contains information from Equifax Inc. which may be confidential and privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information and note that such actions are prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify by e-mail postmaster@equifax.com.
  • Samd at Jul 24, 2008 at 6:57 pm
    Hello and yes I'm using Standard in both cases.

    Aravind.Yarram wrote:
[...]

  • Matthew Hall at Jul 24, 2008 at 7:08 pm
    Erm.. if its not tokenized that's your problem.

    You are setting up an Analyzer when indexing.. but then not actually
    USING it.

    Whereas when you are searching you are running your query through the
    analyzer, which transforms your text in such a way that it no longer
    matches against your untokenized form.

    So, rerun your index, changing untokenized to tokenized, and I think you
    will see the results you are looking for.

    Matt

    samd wrote:
    Oh and the field is not tokenized and stored.

  • Samd at Jul 24, 2008 at 7:15 pm
    Yes that did it and thanks. The examples I have seen have shown cases where
    you can specify values which aren't tokenized but yet do a search against
    it. Such cases were for something where the name was unique as it is in this
    case.

    Now as I said before some fields have found matches which were not tokenized
    and some did not. I guess I really need to understand more about Lucene but
    for the time being I can work with this.

    Thank you for your help.

    samd wrote:
    Oh and the field is not tokenized and stored.

  • Erick Erickson at Jul 24, 2008 at 6:55 pm
    This is almost certainly a coding error, and it's impossible to help without
    seeing some code. Please pust:

    1> your indexing code (suitably pared down)
    2> your search code along with a sample query

    Best
    Erick