Hi all,

I am currently developing a distributed search engine using Lucene.

I am able to search the multiple machines quite successfully. Each machine
using MultiSearcher to search the local indexes and I am creating
RemoteSearchable object with it.

The master machines searches these RemoteSearchable using
ParallelMultiSearchable.

Every thing is going fine except that, master is not able to keep track of
*dynamic* remote index.

These is what I did,

1. Made a index remotely available.
2. Searching the remote index continuously(with a loop) -- worked fine
3. deleted the index from disk which was made remotly available.
4. Surprisingly, search is still working :(( (loop in step 2 continues)

With few other experiments I had to come to an conclusion that somewhere in
step 1 or step 2 index is being cached .

I am right ??

how can I slove this problem ?

regards,
Sai Krishna.

Search Discussions

  • Yonik Seeley at Jul 7, 2008 at 1:01 pm
    The files are still open by the process (deletion doesn't change this)
    and hence the local IndexReader can still read the index.

    -Yonik

    On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 9:59 AM, saikrishna venkata pendyala
[...]

  • Saikrishna venkata pendyala at Jul 7, 2008 at 4:57 pm
    Yes, I didn't reopen the index.
    It's working fine now :)