Folks,
Could anyone tell me the significance of the naming of the cfs files in the
luceneindex e.g. _1pp.cfs, _2kk.cfs etc.
I have observed many differently named files being created temporarily while
the index is being built, but the same set of named files are in place once
the index has finished building.
Can I rely on the index files always having the same names once index
buildng is complete? This would greatly simplify my auto ftp'ing of the
files up to a web server via an SSIS package.
Thanks

  • Lucas F. A. Teixeira at Jun 27, 2008 at 11:13 am
    Folks,
    Could anyone tell me the significance of the naming of the cfs files in the
    luceneindex e.g. _1pp.cfs, _2kk.cfs etc.
    Just names that won`t repeat in the same folder.
    I have observed many differently named files being created temporarily while
    the index is being built, but the same set of named files are in place once
    the index has finished building.
    That not true. Unless you always have the same "data" every time you
    build the index, and if you build it every time from the beggining (not
    rewriting the docs)

    Can I rely on the index files always having the same names once index
    buildng is complete?
    No. That names will be rotating through your indexing.
    This would greatly simplify my auto ftp'ing of the
    files up to a web server via an SSIS package.
    Why don`t you just ftp the hole index dir? The directory is actually
    the "index" by itself, and not its content.

    []s,

    Lucas Frare A. Teixeira
    lucas.teixeira@accurate.com.br
    Tel: +55 11 3660.1622 - R3018

    mick l escreveu:
    Folks,
    Could anyone tell me the significance of the naming of the cfs files in the
    luceneindex e.g. _1pp.cfs, _2kk.cfs etc.
    I have observed many differently named files being created temporarily while
    the index is being built, but the same set of named files are in place once
    the index has finished building.
    Can I rely on the index files always having the same names once index
    buildng is complete? This would greatly simplify my auto ftp'ing of the
    files up to a web server via an SSIS package.
    Thanks
  • Mick l at Jun 27, 2008 at 1:33 pm
    That not true. Unless you always have the same "data" every time you
    build the index, and if you build it every time from the beggining (not
    rewriting the docs)
    Lucas, The same tables are being converted to an index each time, but
    there will just be extra rows.
    I do rebuild the index each time from the beginning.
    Why don`t you just ftp the hole index dir? The directory is actually
    the "index" by itself, and not its content.
    I am just having problems getting SSIS to loop and FTP the files and I
    need this out by Monday.
    Thanks for the info anyway mate. I knew this was going to easy