Hi All,

I am new to Lucene Search. Can you let me know if it is possible to index
the "Verity Spider" content. If possible please let me know how to create a
index form it and search on it. Also share some code snippets on how to
proceed on indexing and searching. I donot have much time to go throught the
Lucene API. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Yug

  • Otis Gospodnetic at Jun 24, 2008 at 2:44 pm
    It sounds like you want to check out Nutch - fetched, indexer, searcher, etc. in one lovely package.

    Otis

    I am new to Lucene Search. Can you let me know if it is possible to index
    the "Verity Spider" content. If possible please let me know how to create a
    index form it and search on it. Also share some code snippets on how to
    proceed on indexing and searching. I donot have much time to go throught the
    Lucene API. Your help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Yug
  • Yugana at Jun 25, 2008 at 3:35 am
    Hi Otis,

    Thanks for the reply. So you mean it is not possible to use Lucene to index
    the fetched (Verity Spider Content) content.

    Yug

    Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
    It sounds like you want to check out Nutch - fetched, indexer, searcher,
    etc. in one lovely package.

    Otis

    I am new to Lucene Search. Can you let me know if it is possible to index
    the "Verity Spider" content. If possible please let me know how to create
    index form it and search on it. Also share some code snippets on how to
    proceed on indexing and searching. I donot have much time to go throught
    the
    Lucene API. Your help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Yug
  • John Wang at Jun 25, 2008 at 4:49 am
    Maybe building a Lucene gateway to hook in with VSpider.
    Are you using VSpider or K2Spider?

    -John

    Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
    It sounds like you want to check out Nutch - fetched, indexer, searcher,
    etc. in one lovely package.

    Otis

    I am new to Lucene Search. Can you let me know if it is possible to
    the "Verity Spider" content. If possible please let me know how to
    create
    index form it and search on it. Also share some code snippets on how to
    proceed on indexing and searching. I donot have much time to go throught
    the
    Lucene API. Your help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Yug
  • Yugana at Jun 25, 2008 at 9:33 am
    We are using the VSpider...

    Yug

    Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
    It sounds like you want to check out Nutch - fetched, indexer, searcher,
    etc. in one lovely package.

    Otis

    I am new to Lucene Search. Can you let me know if it is possible to
    the "Verity Spider" content. If possible please let me know how to
    create
    index form it and search on it. Also share some code snippets on how
    proceed on indexing and searching. I donot have much time to go
    throught
    the
    Lucene API. Your help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Yug
  • Grant Ingersoll at Jun 25, 2008 at 10:55 am
    If it has an API that let's you get the content that needs to be
    indexed, then, sure, you can index from the spider. If it doesn't
    have an API, presumably, you would need to somehow extract the docs
    from the files it builds. This is, of course, assuming it stores the
    crawled files in some proprietary format. If it just downloads them
    as the original files on your disk, then it is just like any indexing
    problem of extracting the content from the files.

    -Grant

    Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
    It sounds like you want to check out Nutch - fetched, indexer,
    searcher,
    etc. in one lovely package.

    Otis

    I am new to Lucene Search. Can you let me know if it is possible
    to index
    the "Verity Spider" content. If possible please let me know how to
    create
    index form it and search on it. Also share some code snippets on
    how to
    proceed on indexing and searching. I donot have much time to go
    throught
    the
    Lucene API. Your help is appreciated.

    Thanks,