I would like to provide a simple web search of our web site. We have a
lot of dynamic content, and instead of searching through the database, I
would like to use some some sort of crawler to index the site. Is there
one available that generates Lucene indexes?

I looked into Nutch, but it looks a bit complicated to set up. I'm not
really interested in running Nutch as web app, maybe only do update
indexes, and I would like to use Nutch/Lucene jars to do the searching.

Can someone recommend a crawler?

Russ

  • Chris Lu at Jun 17, 2008 at 4:33 am
    Sounds you should use DBSight. Besides simple SQL crawler, you can adjust
    ranking by time(freshness), efficient multi-valued facet search(tagging),
    etc.

    --
    Chris Lu
    -------------------------

    I would like to provide a simple web search of our web site. We have a lot
    of dynamic content, and instead of searching through the database, I would
    like to use some some sort of crawler to index the site. Is there one
    available that generates Lucene indexes?
    I looked into Nutch, but it looks a bit complicated to set up. I'm not
    really interested in running Nutch as web app, maybe only do update indexes,
    and I would like to use Nutch/Lucene jars to do the searching.
    Can someone recommend a crawler?

    Russ

  • Lukas Vlcek at Jun 17, 2008 at 7:11 am
    Hi,

    If your content is stored in database then you might be also interested in
    Compass (I have a very positive experience with this product). Hibernate
    search can be other interesting product for you (I don't have any experience
    with this product so I am not able to tell you).

    Lukas
[...]

    http://blog.lukas-vlcek.com/
  • Ruslan Sivak at Jun 17, 2008 at 12:27 pm
    The thing is I don't necessarily want to search the db, as I don't know
    what page to send the user to to view the result. I want to have
    something crawl the site and then be able to know the url of the match.

    Russ