Hello all,

I am facing a problem when dealing a query such as "Finding all the
documents that write about at least 5 animals"? How to handle it?

Do you have any idea?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Sengly

Search Discussions

  • Grant Ingersoll at Jun 16, 2008 at 12:15 pm
    What do your documents look like? Can you share more about the
    problem? Is there some kind of structure that lets you count this
    information?

    -Grant
    I am facing a problem when dealing a query such as "Finding all the
    documents that write about at least 5 animals"? How to handle it?

    Do you have any idea?

    Thank you.

    Best regards,

    Sengly
    --------------------------
    Grant Ingersoll
    http://www.lucidimagination.com

    Lucene Helpful Hints:

  • Sengly Heng at Jun 16, 2008 at 6:24 pm
    Hello,

    Thanks for your interest. Actually, it's a normal unstructured text. In the
    text, they might describe the number of animal or enumerate the kind of
    animal one by one, etc. To me, it's very difficult to resolve this. I don't
    have a clue until now.

    All comments are VERY welcome.

    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Sengly
    What do your documents look like? Can you share more about the problem?
    Is there some kind of structure that lets you count this information?

    -Grant

    I am facing a problem when dealing a query such as "Finding all the
    documents that write about at least 5 animals"? How to handle it?

    Do you have any idea?

    Thank you.

    Best regards,

    Sengly
    --------------------------
    Grant Ingersoll
    http://www.lucidimagination.com

    Lucene Helpful Hints:

  • Grant Ingersoll at Jun 17, 2008 at 12:30 pm
    Really could use a sample sentence or two, maybe even a paragraph,
    just to make sure I'm following you here.

    However, this sounds like, to me anyway, as a job for some higher
    order processing. If I understand you right, you are asking for a
    system that can reason about the types of things in the text. That
    is, you need to be able to identify the animals, as well as relate
    that there is some language suggesting there is one or more of them.
    If that is what you are talking about, the problem goes well beyond
    Lucene.

    If, on the other hand, you already have this structure overlaid on top
    of the document, then it sounds like you just need to come up with the
    proper field structure to allow you to write queries like 5 AND Zebra

    -Grant