Hello,

When you look at the fields of a document with Luke, there is a norm column.
I have not been able to figure out what that is.

The reason I am asking is that I am trying to build a uniqueness model. My
Index is structured as follows:

classID, textID, K, V

classID is a given class. textID is a document ID. each document is formed
by multiple K,V pairs.

I want to measure uniqueness of V, with both inter classID and inter textID.
In other words, given a document (K,V pair) I would like to know how unique
is the V both inside the classID, and textID.

Any ideas/recomendations/help greatly appreciated.

Best.
-C.B.

Search Discussions

  • Karl Wettin at Jun 11, 2008 at 2:40 pm
    When you look at the fields of a document with Luke, there is a norm
    column.
    I have not been able to figure out what that is.
    Norms is the 8 bit discretization of length normalization and field
    boost combined.

    See IndexReader#norms, Similarity#lengthNorm and Field#omitNorms

    karl

  • Cam Bazz at Jun 11, 2008 at 2:51 pm
    yes, figured it out. thanks.

    how about checking for uniqueness?