I have extended my evaluation (previous evaluation:
http://zzzoot.blogspot.com/2008/06/simultaneous-threaded-query-lucene.html)
to include as well as an increasing # of threads performing concurrent
queries, 1,2,4 and 8 IndexReaders.

The results can be found here:
http://zzzoot.blogspot.com/2008/06/lucene-concurrent-search-performance.html

thanks,

Glen

--

-

  • Otis Gospodnetic at Jun 11, 2008 at 7:02 pm
    Hi Glen,

    Aha, good to see the benefit of multiple IndexReaders/Searchers so clearly. Makes me think we'll want to add a config setting for this in Solr... :)

    As for why 4 is the best choice, I think it's because of those 4 cores that you've got. My guess is that you'll see slightly better performance with 5 threads and then the performance will slowly deteriorate with more readers/searchers.... let's see it!

    Otis

    I have extended my evaluation (previous evaluation:
    http://zzzoot.blogspot.com/2008/06/simultaneous-threaded-query-lucene.html)
    to include as well as an increasing # of threads performing concurrent
    queries, 1,2,4 and 8 IndexReaders.

    The results can be found here:
    http://zzzoot.blogspot.com/2008/06/lucene-concurrent-search-performance.html

    thanks,

    Glen

    --

    -

  • Glen Newton at Jun 11, 2008 at 7:12 pm
    Hi Otis,

    Thanks for the feedback.