Is there any reliable implementation for parsing email mailbox files (mbox
format), especially large (>50MB) archives ? Even after searching lucene
mailing list archives, googling around, I couldn't find one. I took a look
at Apache James project which seems to offer some support , but couldn't
find much documentation about it.

Search Discussions

  • Subodh Damle at Apr 3, 2008 at 7:04 pm
    Is there any reliable implementation for parsing email mailbox files (mbox
    format), especially large (>50MB) archives ? Even after searching lucene
    mailing list archives, googling around, I couldn't find one. I took a look
    at Apache James project which seems to offer some support , but couldn't
    find much documentation about it.
  • Antony Bowesman at Apr 4, 2008 at 11:53 am

    Subodh Damle wrote:
    Is there any reliable implementation for parsing email mailbox files (mbox
    format), especially large (>50MB) archives ? Even after searching lucene
    mailing list archives, googling around, I couldn't find one. I took a look
    at Apache James project which seems to offer some support , but couldn't
    find much documentation about it.
    Apache James' MIME4J is one parser and Javamail also can parse mail. I found
    Javamail more intuitive, but have not tested either against a large mail set for
    reliability and performance.

    Antony

  • Grant Ingersoll at Apr 4, 2008 at 2:13 pm
    You might have a look at Aperture (http://aperture.sourceforge.net).
    It supports a fair number of mail sources including mbox and imap, I
    think.

    -Grant