I am using Lucene search engine in my website for document search .
though it is working fine and searching the keywords into the documents
properly, i am facing a problem during the search .
When i am searching some keywords whose occurence are very low in
the document and only after the 50-60 pages from the start of the document,
the search engine is not able to serach those keywords.
I am confuse whether their r any limitations for the search in lucene
search engine or it is a problem with my configuration, so i need a help
from you .
if you have any idea about my problem, please send me the reason and
solution to correct the mistake if any.

--
Thanks and Regards
Shrish Kumar Garg

Search Discussions

  • Michael McCandless at Apr 1, 2008 at 6:52 am
    This could be the maxFieldLength default in IndexWriter? By default
    IndexWriter only indexes the first 10,000 tokens of a document.

    Mike

    shrish garg wrote:
    Hi,
[...]

  • Shrish garg at Apr 1, 2008 at 6:52 am
    Hi,
    I am using Lucene search engine in my website for document search .
    though it is working fine and searching the keywords into the documents
    properly, i am facing a problem during the search .
    When i am searching some keywords whose occurence are very low in
    the document and only after the 50-60 pages from the starting of the
    document, the search engine is not able to serach those keywords.
    I am confuse whether their r any limitations for the search in
    lucene search engine or it is a problem with my configuration, so i need a
    help from you .
    if you have any idea about my problem, please send me the reason and
    solution to correct the mistake

    --
    Thanks and Regards
    Shrish Kumar Garg
    9999176464
    Software Developer
    V2Web Informatics,Delhi

groupjava-user @
categorieslucene
postedApr 1, '08 at 6:49a
activeApr 1, '08 at 6:52a
websitelucene.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Shrish garg: 2 posts Michael McCandless: 1 post