I’m using RSS Bandit feed reader (HYPERLINK
"http://www.rssbandit.org"www.rssbandit.org) whose search engine is based on
Lucene.

I understand the interest of stemming but I sometimes want the exact word
and not the stemmed one.

For example a search with OFS (a company) gives plenty of responses with
“of”.

If I search for “custom”, I sometimes don’t want to get “customer”.

I’ve tried “OFS” or +ofs but nothing works.

Is there a specific syntax to get it (could be a good idea to have it in the
Query Parser Syntax) or do the guys at RSS Bandit have to modify something ?

Best regards

Serge

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12:14

Search Discussions

  • Mathieu Lecarme at Mar 3, 2008 at 10:30 am
    There's no syntax to restore stemmed word. Stemming is done while
    reading the news, so the index never knows the complete word.

    I submit a patch for that :

    Be careful, rssbandit use .net lucene, not the java version.

    M.
    Hi,