3. When I have to search indexes created with different analyzers (maybe a
french and a german analyzer), I have to search them separately by my own?

Thank you.

  • Spring at Feb 19, 2008 at 10:09 am
    No ideas? :(
    -----Original Message-----
    From: spring@gmx.eu
    Sent: Samstag, 16. Februar 2008 15:42
    To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
    Subject: Searching multiple indexes

    Hi,

    I have some questions about searching multiple indexes.

    1. IndexSearcher with a MultiReader will search the indexes
    sequentially?

    2. ParallelMultiSearcher searches in parallel. How is this
    done? One thread
    per index? When will it return? When the slowest search is fineshed?

    3. When I have to search indexes created with different
    analyzers (maybe a
    french and a german analyzer), I have to search them
    separately by my own?

    Thank you.

  • Cedric Ho at Feb 19, 2008 at 10:29 am

    I have some questions about searching multiple indexes.

    1. IndexSearcher with a MultiReader will search the indexes
    sequentially?
    I think need to use either MultiSearcher or ParallelMultiSearcher
    2. ParallelMultiSearcher searches in parallel. How is this
    done? One thread
    per index? When will it return? When the slowest search is fineshed?
    Yes and Yes I think.
    3. When I have to search indexes created with different
    analyzers (maybe a
    french and a german analyzer), I have to search them
    separately by my own?
    Yes =)
    Thank you.

    Regards,
    Cedric

  • Daniel Noll at Feb 21, 2008 at 10:06 pm