I've created a mapping of query terms to clusters with corresponding
strength values that I want to integrate into lucene
scoring so I can boost documents that match the clusters. I would like to
give a boost based on the normalized score.
In my setup, each document has a field with the clusters their assigned to
which is a string that contains numbers
separated by spaces. I was looking at using ValueSourceQuery but didn't
really understand how I should really deal
with the FieldScoreQuery since the field I need to look up on isn't one of
the defined types. Is there a simpler way I
should be going about this?

I'm using lucene 2.2.0.

Thanks for your help as always,

  • Michael Stoppelman at Feb 5, 2008 at 12:06 am
    If anyone was wondering how I dealt with this I ended up extending the
    TermQuery class and overridding the tf() and idf() functions
    like in FuzzyLikeThisQuery.

    See FuzzyTermQuery for how they use the SimilarityDelegator object:
    contrib/queries/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/FuzzyLikeThisQuery.java

    -M
    I've created a mapping of query terms to clusters with corresponding
    strength values that I want to integrate into lucene
    scoring so I can boost documents that match the clusters. I would like to
    give a boost based on the normalized score.
    In my setup, each document has a field with the clusters their assigned to
    which is a string that contains numbers
    separated by spaces. I was looking at using ValueSourceQuery but didn't
    really understand how I should really deal
    with the FieldScoreQuery since the field I need to look up on isn't one of
    the defined types. Is there a simpler way I
    should be going about this?

    I'm using lucene 2.2.0.

    Thanks for your help as always,

groupjava-user @