Hi:

Is there anyone running a full production deployment on lucene 2.3 (with
high traffic, large index and frequent updates)? We are thinking of doing
this but wanted to get some feedback.

Thanks

-John

Search Discussions

  • Mark Miller at Feb 4, 2008 at 8:18 pm
    You still have to be careful if you want to alternate a search and
    write. If you are loading a lot of docs this way, you would want to hold
    the Writer to batch the docs, but while you are holding it, you will not
    have a fresh view of the index - so you could add the same doc twice if
    it came twice in a batch. The only way to be sure you avoid this is to
    reopen readers after you add every doc. This is just not going to be a
    fast way of doing things...but if you have a high mergefactor, the new
    reopen method will prob make it *much* faster. Or if you are sure that
    the batch won't contain duplicates, you can batch load.

    John Wang wrote:
    Hi:

    Is there anyone running a full production deployment on lucene 2.3 (with
    high traffic, large index and frequent updates)? We are thinking of doing
    this but wanted to get some feedback.

    Thanks

    -John
  • GokulAnand at Feb 5, 2008 at 5:34 am
    Can some one get me the link to get lucene 2.3 jars.
    Thanks in advance

    John Wang wrote:
    Hi:

    Is there anyone running a full production deployment on lucene 2.3
    (with
    high traffic, large index and frequent updates)? We are thinking of doing
    this but wanted to get some feedback.

    Thanks

    -John
  • Steven A Rowe at Feb 5, 2008 at 4:16 pm
    Hi GokulAnand,
    Can some one get me the link to get lucene 2.3 jars.
    It is considered bad form on this list to reply to an existing thread with a message on a different topic than the one already being discussed - this is called "thread hijacking". If you have a question not directly related to an existing thread, you should start a new thread rather than replying to an existing one, just like you did with your message with the subject "Lucene Search with relational operators".

    It is also considered bad form to not at least make an attempt to answer your question for yourself using available resources. In your case, it is evident that you have not even looked at the front page of the Lucene Java website.

    Go to the main Lucene Java page:

    <http://lucene.apache.org/java/>

    The project description, just under the table of contents, contains a link to download Lucene from the text "free download".

    Also, the first News item "24 January 2008 - Lucene Java 2.3.0 available" contains download links.

    Steve

    John Wang wrote:
    Hi:

    Is there anyone running a full production deployment on
    lucene 2.3
    (with high traffic, large index and frequent updates)? We are thinking
    of doing this but wanted to get some feedback.

    Thanks

    -John

  • Mark Miller at Feb 5, 2008 at 12:51 am
    Replied to the wrong thread - sorry about that.

    But to make up for it, I have been using 2.3 even before it was
    released. I have so many tests for my app that I am pretty confident
    running things off the trunk if all tests are a go, and there where so
    many goodies for 2.3 that I jumped on pretty early.

    I have not had a single issue. Very frequent updates, 200k-3 million
    docs, not insane traffic - but continuous traffic from a limited set of
    users (a couple constantly updating, and 10-30 constantly searching at
    each site).

    John Wang wrote:
    Hi:

    Is there anyone running a full production deployment on lucene 2.3 (with
    high traffic, large index and frequent updates)? We are thinking of doing
    this but wanted to get some feedback.

    Thanks

    -John
  • John Wang at Feb 5, 2008 at 2:24 am