When I tried to do a lucene search using escape character with other
special character like the following:

SUBJECT:Yahoo\!~0.5
SUBJECT:Yahoo\!*

It seems the parser totally ignores the escape character, and becomes

SUBJECT:Yahoo!~0.5
SUBJECT:Yahoo!*

which gives me syntax exception.

Any reason why?

I am using Lucene 2.2.

Thanks.

Joshua

  • Daniel Naber at Jan 30, 2008 at 10:07 pm