Uhmm... A simple question:

I have a lucene index (the directory with the segment* files) in HDFS.
This index is created by Nutch (who acesses files in HDFS seamlessly). My
question is if there is a way of reading this Lucene Index without having
to copy it to the local filesystem first...

Thanks :D

  • Andrzej Bialecki at Jan 16, 2008 at 4:50 pm

    David Vazquez Landa wrote:
    Uhmm... A simple question:

    I have a lucene index (the directory with the segment* files) in HDFS.
    This index is created by Nutch (who acesses files in HDFS seamlessly). My
    question is if there is a way of reading this Lucene Index without having
    to copy it to the local filesystem first...
    Yes - see org.apache.nutch.indexer.FsDirectory. However, you will not
    like the performance, it's much slower than using the index locally.

    --
    Best regards,
    Andrzej Bialecki <><