In Term object, there are variables "field" and "text".
My question is, why variable "text" can not be intern() ?

Wouldn't it save some memory, especially in the FieldCache?

--
Chris Lu

  • Yonik Seeley at Nov 8, 2007 at 10:56 am

    In Term object, there are variables "field" and "text".
    My question is, why variable "text" can not be intern() ?

    Wouldn't it save some memory, especially in the FieldCache?
    The FieldCache already stores only one string per term, regardless of
    how many documents contain that term.

    -Yonik