Hello to you all!

I've programmed a portlet search solution by using lucene.
Now that our new Website is short before release the file volume
increesed fast.

My lucene based index program works fine until the number of files
incresed so much. Now it works for about 10 minutes and then gives me an
error message. Sadly very short:

"caught a class java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
with message: String index out of range: -1"

Has anyone worked with large Websites and Lucene before?

Solutions?

Error occures with lucene 2.2 and 2.0.

Greetings,
Jan

  • Chris Lu at Oct 31, 2007 at 4:26 pm
    Hi, Jan,

    You really need to be more specific about your configuration and error log.

    Lucene surely has been used on many large websites.

    --
    Chris Lu
    -------------------------
    I've programmed a portlet search solution by using lucene.
    Now that our new Website is short before release the file volume
    increesed fast.

    My lucene based index program works fine until the number of files
    incresed so much. Now it works for about 10 minutes and then gives me an
    error message. Sadly very short:

    "caught a class java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
    with message: String index out of range: -1"

    Has anyone worked with large Websites and Lucene before?

    Solutions?

    Error occures with lucene 2.2 and 2.0.

    Greetings,
    Jan

  • Mark Miller at Oct 31, 2007 at 4:26 pm
    You have no stack trace? Come man...you must be able to get a stack
    trace :) There is no way to tell what is causing that very generic
    error. I would say though: certainly not the size of your index.

    I suppose, out of curiosity, how big is it? I'll bet my two broken
    wrists thats not the problem though.

    Many, many, people have worked with large websites and Lucene before.
    And they are all doing a jig and singing a song as we speak <g>