I'm considering using complete class xpaths as field names. These
might end up beeing several hundred letters long and contain some
wierd letters. Should I expect running in to problems?

Field names might look something like this:

the.absolute:Class.Path/@attribute/tokenizationStrategyA
the.absolute:Class.Path/@attribute/tokenizationStrategyB
the.absolute:Class.Path/someMethod()/tokenizationStrategy
the.absolute:Class.Path/denormalizedAssociation/@attribute/
tokenizationStrategy

--
karl

  • Yonik Seeley at Sep 19, 2007 at 5:16 pm
    Should be fine.
    The biggest issue may be the number of fields you are likely to have.
    They are all kept in an in-memory map. Also, during segment merging,
    the field properties are merged in a linear fashion by stepping over
    each one.

    -Yonik