I am using nutch index to search in lucene. One of my classes use
makeStopTable method ( which is deprecated) of class StopFilter in
org.apache.lucene.analysis. When I run my program with lucene 2.1.0

~/j2sdk1.4.2/bin/java -classpath .:lucene-core-2.1.0.jar SearchFiles

org.apache.lucene.analysis.StopFilter.makeStopTable
([Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/util/Hashtable;
at GenericLanguageAnalyzer.(SearchFiles.java:110)

So, as that method(makeStopTable) is there in lucene 1.9.1 I run my program
using this version of lucene.

~/j2sdk1.4.2/bin/java -classpath .:lucene-core-1.9.1.jar SearchFiles

This gives me the following where crawl/index is my index directory. If we
build the index with lucene, there will be a file called 'segments' in the
index directory. But the index i am using is built by nutch. It contains
'segments_3' and 'segments.gen'. So, it gives me the following exception.

Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException:
crawl/index/segments (No such file or directory)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.(
FSDirectory.java:425)
at org.apache.lucene.store.FSIndexInput.(FSDirectory.java
:324)
at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.read(SegmentInfos.java:45)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader$1.doBody(IndexReader.java
:148)
at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock$With.run(Lock.java:109)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:143)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:127)
at SearchFiles.main(SearchFiles.java:103)

Please help me to get rid of this exception.
Thanx in advance

Search Discussions

  • Erick Erickson at Jul 31, 2007 at 3:02 pm
    Why not fix your code to be 2.1 compliant instead? For instance,
    StopFilter has a constructor that takes Set and a constructor
    that takes an array of String for stopwords.

    Otherwise, please tell us more about what you are doing with
    MakeStopTable and why making your code 2.1 compliant isn't an option.

    Best
    Erick
    I am using nutch index to search in lucene. One of my classes use
    makeStopTable method ( which is deprecated) of class StopFilter in
    org.apache.lucene.analysis. When I run my program with lucene 2.1.0

    ~/j2sdk1.4.2/bin/java -classpath .:lucene-core-2.1.0.jar SearchFiles

    org.apache.lucene.analysis.StopFilter.makeStopTable
    ([Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/util/Hashtable;
    at GenericLanguageAnalyzer.<init>(GenericLanguageAnalyzer.java
    :179)
    at SearchFiles.main(SearchFiles.java:110)

    So, as that method(makeStopTable) is there in lucene 1.9.1 I run my
    program
    using this version of lucene.

    ~/j2sdk1.4.2/bin/java -classpath .:lucene-core-1.9.1.jar SearchFiles

    This gives me the following where crawl/index is my index directory. If
    we
    build the index with lucene, there will be a file called 'segments' in the
    index directory. But the index i am using is built by nutch. It contains
    'segments_3' and 'segments.gen'. So, it gives me the following exception.

    Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException:
    crawl/index/segments (No such file or directory)
    at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:204)
    at org.apache.lucene.store.FSIndexInput$Descriptor.<init>(
    FSDirectory.java:425)
    at org.apache.lucene.store.FSIndexInput.<init>(FSDirectory.java
    :434)
    at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.openInput(FSDirectory.java
    :324)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.read(SegmentInfos.java:45)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader$1.doBody(IndexReader.java
    :148)
    at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock$With.run(Lock.java:109)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:143)
    at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:127)
    at SearchFiles.main(SearchFiles.java:103)

    Please help me to get rid of this exception.
    Thanx in advance
  • Srinivasarao Vundavalli at Jul 31, 2007 at 3:05 pm
    The code that is making use of that makeStopFilter is not written by me. It
    has read-only permission. So, I can't make any changes to it.

groupjava-user @
categorieslucene
postedJul 31, '07 at 5:10a
activeJul 31, '07 at 3:05p