Hi All,

I have queried and have got a HITS object which is a collection of
documents. I want to find out the centroid of these documents. Centroid =
Top Most 35(for eg)common terms across all the documents in the HITS
object.

Is there any API in Lucene for this?

Thanks in Advance.

  • Grant Ingersoll at Apr 3, 2007 at 12:24 pm
    You could use Term Vectors (TVs) to do this, but I don't know of any
    existing code for it. Might be a good contrib module, though.
    Search this list or see Lucene In Action or I have some TV sample
    code at http://www.cnlp.org/apachecon2005/

    You might also check the Carrot2 project, which has a number of
    clustering algorithms and some Lucene support, although I don't know
    if it does specifically what you want.
    I have queried and have got a HITS object which is a collection of
    documents. I want to find out the centroid of these documents.
    Centroid =
    Top Most 35(for eg)common terms across all the documents in the HITS
    object.

    Is there any API in Lucene for this?

    Thanks in Advance.
    Grant Ingersoll
    Center for Natural Language Processing
    http://www.cnlp.org

    LuceneFAQ

  • Lokeya at Apr 20, 2007 at 4:33 am
    I figured out that there are already java API's written for this and
    available. LucQE has that :

    QueryExpansion.expandQuery(java.lang.String queryStr,
    org.apache.lucene.search.Hits hits, java.util.Properties prop) which returns
    the expanded query (will have centroid)