I am running an exact match search using an index which was created using
the StandardAnalyzer.

My problem is that when I do an exact match search on this index and look
for a phrase such as

content:"Head of State" using the query parser (StandardAnalyzer again for
searching), the search brings back documents which contain text such as "The
man's head was in a sorry state".

This is not an exact match. The problem is that the standard analyzer
removes the stop word (i.e. "of") before indexing and searching. Is there an
workaround for this?

Many thanks,
Hugh

  • Steven Rowe at Jun 20, 2006 at 2:04 pm

    Hugh Ross wrote:
    The problem is that the standard analyzer removes the stop word (i.e.
    "of") before indexing and searching. Is there an
    workaround for this?
    See my response to a similar question here:
    <http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-java-user/200510.mbox/%3c435D44FA.6050702@syr.edu%3e>

    In short, an indexing-side workaround was once applied and then
    retracted to the code base, but a query-side fix is also required, and
    has yet to be applied.

    Steve