---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Subject: Lucene 2.0.0 release available
Date: Samstag 27 Mai 2006 05:57
From: Doug Cutting <cutting@apache.org>
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org

Release 2.0.0 of Lucene is now available from:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/

This is mostly a bugfix release from release 1.9.1. Note however that
deprecated 1.x features have now been removed. Any code that compiles
against Lucene 1.9.1 without deprecation warnings should work without
further changes with any 2.x release.

The detailed change log is at:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/tags/lucene_2_0_0/CHANGES.txt

Doug

  • Sven Duzont at Jun 8, 2006 at 9:56 am
    Hello,

    Nice job, thanks.
    Question : When will it be available on Maven2 repositories ?
    Thanks

    --- Sven

    Le samedi 27 mai 2006 à 13:37:54, vous écriviez :

    --
    Cordialement,
    Sven mailto:sven.duzont@laposte.net

    Somebody asked about the same thing a few weeks back and opened a JIRA issue. It looks like the push to ibiblio servers did not happen, even though I added notes about that to the release HOWTO doc on the Wiki. My notes might be incorrect, so I commented on that JIRA issues asking for clarifications, as people there seemed to know how new releases should get pushed out for ibiblio. Nobody responded yet, I'm afraid. If you know how that's done, let me know, I'll gladly push the release files wherever they need to get pushed.

    Otis

    --
    Cordialement,
    Sven mailto:sven.duzont@laposte.net

  • Sven Duzont at Jun 10, 2006 at 9:57 pm
    Hello Otis,

    I unfortunately don't master enough maven yet to know how to push a library on maven public repositories.

    <off-topic>
    However i just found this eBook that looks interesting http://www.mergere.com/m2book_download.jsp
    </off-topic>

    Waiting for a maven guru to release lucene 2.0 on a public repo, i'll
    just put the lib on a local one
    Thanks and have a nice day.

    --- Sven

    Le vendredi 9 juin 2006 � 01:54:48, vous �criviez :

    OG> Hi Sven,

    OG> Somebody asked about the same thing a few weeks back and opened a
    OG> JIRA issue. It looks like the push to ibiblio servers did not
    OG> happen, even though I added notes about that to the release HOWTO
    OG> doc on the Wiki. My notes might be incorrect, so I commented on
    OG> that JIRA issues asking for clarifications, as people there seemed
    OG> to know how new releases should get pushed out for ibiblio.
    OG> Nobody responded yet, I'm afraid. If you know how that's done,
    OG> let me know, I'll gladly push the release files wherever they need to get pushed.

    OG> Otis

  • Otis Gospodnetic at Jun 11, 2006 at 3:53 am
    It's really just a matter of putting the Jars in the appropriate directory on the appropriate machine, I think.
    Maybe CC-ed people know which dir/machine that is.
    The issue is: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-551