But it will still require A LOT of RAM just to cache!

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Yonik Seeley
Skickat: den 18 maj 2006 17:24
Till: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Ämne: Re: SV: SV: SV: Sort problematics
On 5/18/06, Marcus Falck wrote:
Doesn't solr use the same sort implementation as Lucene ?
Yes, but Solr handles the mechanics of warming up a new searcher in
the background to avoid those lengthy first-time hits to the
FieldCache and norms, and it warms any configured caches based on
previous requests.

There is still the issue of data freshness... you don't want to open a
new searcher too often (less than once a minute probably).

-Yonik

  • Erik Hatcher at May 18, 2006 at 6:10 pm