Från: Yonik Seeley
Skickat: on 2006-05-17 20:04
Till: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Ämne: Re: Changing the scoring (newest doc date first)

On 5/16/06, Marcus Falck wrote:
I'm working on a very large implementation of a search engine based on the lucene api (1.4.3). We have also been investigating enterprise search companies such as FAST and Verity but have come to the conclusion that we might aswell save ourselves 1 millon dollars by doing our own implementation on lucene.
That's the same conclusion we came to... and how Solr came about.
If it is close enough to meeting your needs, it might make sense to collaborate.
So i figured since the default sort is by relevance i would like to change the relevance so that we don't even need to sort the documents.
Documents sorted by relevance are still sorted.
How much slower is a sort on another field vs a sort on relevance (not
counting the first time)

-Yonik