Hello all,
I have a couple of questions for the community about the 1.9
Lucene version. As I understand it, this has not been released and I
can't find an approximate date for release (I know you can download the
development version and compile it). I see a nightly build going on
(http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/index.html), but I can't seem to
find a release date.

So,
1) Anyone know a release date for 1.9?
2) Also, if this is not a soon time, is anyone actually
using 1.9 in production?
3) General question on improvement: memory - has there
been any memory improvements as well in 1.9

Thanks all!
Tom

  • Otis Gospodnetic at Feb 9, 2006 at 7:03 pm
    Hi,

    Antworten:
    1) No date set yet
    2) I've been happily using 1.9 in production - see http://www.simpy.com/
    3) Yes, there have been some memory improvements - see CHANGES.txt file in Subversion

    Otis

    Hello all,
    I have a couple of questions for the community about the 1.9
    Lucene version. As I understand it, this has not been released and I
    can't find an approximate date for release (I know you can download the
    development version and compile it). I see a nightly build going on
    (http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/index.html), but I can't seem to
    find a release date.

    So,
    1) Anyone know a release date for 1.9?
    2) Also, if this is not a soon time, is anyone actually
    using 1.9 in production?
    3) General question on improvement: memory - has there
    been any memory improvements as well in 1.9

    Thanks all!
    Tom

  • Aigner, Thomas at Feb 10, 2006 at 2:26 pm
    Anyone have a comment on the below message?

    I have a couple of questions for the community about the 1.9
    Lucene version. As I understand it, this has not been released and I
    can't find an approximate date for release (I know you can download the
    development version and compile it). I see a nightly build going on
    (http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/index.html), but I can't seem to
    find a release date.

    So,
    1) Anyone know a release date for 1.9?
    2) Also, if this is not a soon time, is anyone actually
    using 1.9 in production?
    3) General question on improvement: memory - has there
    been any memory improvements as well in 1.9

    Thanks all!
    Tom

  • Otis Gospodnetic at Feb 10, 2006 at 10:04 pm
    I answered it yesterday, please check the archives...

    Otis