Hi ,

I am working on a search application using lucene where I would like application to stop searching and return the hits colleted to date and an appropriate exception, when reaching either a threshold of

a) xx seconds of processing time.
or
b) on finding xxx documents

Any help is appreciated.

Search Discussions

  • RONALD MANTAY at Feb 7, 2006 at 10:55 pm
    Hi ,

    I am working on a search application using lucene where I would like application to stop searching and return the hits colleted to date and an appropriate exception, when reaching either a threshold of

    a) xx seconds of processing time.
    or
    b) on finding xxx documents

    Any help is appreciated.
  • Erik Hatcher at Feb 8, 2006 at 1:07 am
    This should be possible using a HitCollector with the
    IndexSearcher.search() method, and throwing an exception from the
    HitCollector when the time limit as expired.

    Erik