Hi Friends.......

I am doing search application which has following scenario.

Architecture ==>
1] Common GUI
2] When user enter one query then It should go to 4 searcher server (All
servers are on remote machines)
3] After searching all 4 server should return results i.e. Hits ( All
server return hits objects in diff formats i.e. all 4 servers return hit
doc's in diff formats)
4] Combine all Hits and form only type of result
5] Show that result in Uniform way to user

Problems ==>
1] How do I send my search query to all 4 searcher server. ?
2] After searching How do I get all result (Hits) for combining them in
one bundle; Because they all are in different format. ?
3] Shall I use AJAX for sending query across multiple server and getting
results back from all servers( Or any other technology, if yes specify)
?
4] How do I combine all hits ?

Thanks..................

Best Regards
[ vikas_khengare@symantec.com ]

Search Discussions

  • Daniel Pfeifer at Feb 2, 2006 at 5:57 am
    You search all four servers by doing this (the QueryParser in this
    example uses the Lucene 1.9 syntax):

    Searchable[] searchables = new Searchable[]{(Searchable)
    Naming.lookup(x1), (Searchable) Naming.lookup(x2), ...};

    MultiSearcher multiSearcher = new MultiSearcher(searchables);

    Hits hits = multiSearcher.search(new QueryParser("title", new
    StandardAnalyzer()).parse("title:Ajax"));

    /Daniel

    ________________________________

[...]

  • Chris Hostetter at Feb 2, 2006 at 5:32 pm
    Please do not cross posting to every java/lucene list you can find. The
    @jakarta lists are no longer used and forward their mail to the equivilent
    @lucene lists. The commits list exists only for people to recieve
    notification about changes in the SVN repository, and people should never
    send mail directly to it.

    Unless you have a specific reason why you want to send mail to java-dev
    regarding development of the internals of the lucene code base please send
    your questions to java-user -- java-user is the correct place to send
    questions about using the lucene code base. Even if you think your
    message may relate to a bug, or a possible change in the code base, do
    not cross post to both lists. Start by mailing java-user, and if people
    think you have encountered a bug, or that your topic warrants discussion
    about a change in API/Implimentation then the discussion can move to
    java-dev.