Hi all,

Some features we would like to use for our next software revision are
part of lucene 1.9, in order to know if we can plan to use this version,
could you tell me when do you think lucene 1.9 stable will be released?
I could not find any roadmap on the lucene site or wiki.

  • Erik Hatcher at Oct 14, 2005 at 4:18 pm
    Olivier,

    Your best bet it to discuss this on the java-dev list. At this
    point, we haven't a firm volunteer for pushing out a release. I'd be
    thrilled for someone to step up to the plate. The first thing would
    be to go through JIRA and see what issues are open. There are a
    number of great contributions that have not been applied. I'd
    personally be willing to apply some patches that have been blessed by
    Doug or others.

    There is no date set. I realize that some companies become fixated
    on having "1.9 FINAL", but there is not really a good reason for such
    concern... the only difference, if we built the release now, between
    1.9-dev-rc<whatever> and 1.9 FINAL is _nothing_. Build what is in
    Subversion and run with it :) Report issues if you encounter any.

    Erik
    Some features we would like to use for our next software revision
    are part of lucene 1.9, in order to know if we can plan to use this
    version, could you tell me when do you think lucene 1.9 stable will
    be released?
    I could not find any roadmap on the lucene site or wiki.

  • Olivier Jaquemet at Oct 14, 2005 at 6:36 pm

    Build what is in Subversion and run with it :) Report issues if you
    encounter any.

    Then we will do so! :)
    Thank you Erik

  • Ray Tsang at Oct 15, 2005 at 3:06 am
    Can we add a 1.9 release to the roadmap? or start a 1.9 release tracker issue?

    ray,
[...]

  • Erik Hatcher at Oct 15, 2005 at 4:18 am