I have a project which will be used in order to supply automatic
dictionary helps in different languages.
I'm using Lucene for indexing, and searching the words in it.
It is an open source project in java at address
http://belletmen.dev.java.net
Now, I will prepare a function to find the natural language used in the
documentations.
For this purpose, I'll use the 100 most frequently used words in
different languages.
Now I have only Turkish, English, German, and Finnish lists.
If you can help me, I'll be very glad.
Regards.
Ahmet Aksoy

  • David Spencer at May 12, 2005 at 4:49 am
    You could try downloading a copy of the wikipedia and processing the
    entries yourself. I don't know how well represented other languages are
    but there's lot of English.

    Ahmet Aksoy wrote:
    Hi,
    I have a project which will be used in order to supply automatic
    dictionary helps in different languages.
    I'm using Lucene for indexing, and searching the words in it.
    It is an open source project in java at address
    http://belletmen.dev.java.net
    Now, I will prepare a function to find the natural language used in the
    documentations.
    For this purpose, I'll use the 100 most frequently used words in
    different languages.
    Now I have only Turkish, English, German, and Finnish lists.
    If you can help me, I'll be very glad.
    Regards.
    Ahmet Aksoy

  • Ahmet Aksoy at May 12, 2005 at 5:49 am
    Hi David,
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    I'll give a try.

    David Spencer wrote:
    You could try downloading a copy of the wikipedia and processing the
    entries yourself. I don't know how well represented other languages
    are but there's lot of English.

    Hi,

    .

    --
    Ahmet Aksoy
    axtelsoft.com - armalink.com

  • René Hackl at May 12, 2005 at 7:38 am
    Hi Ahmet,
    Now I have only Turkish, English, German, and Finnish lists.
    At http://www.unine.ch/info/clef/ you can find some more lists you might
    find useful.

    Best regards,
    René

    Sorry Ahmet for the double post, I meant to address the mailing list...

    --
    +++ Neu: Echte DSL-Flatrates von GMX - Surfen ohne Limits +++
    Always online ab 4,99 Euro/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

  • Ahmet Aksoy at May 12, 2005 at 8:19 am
    Hi René,
    That is an excellent source! There exist, more than I wanted.
    Thanks a lot.
    Best regards,
    Ahmet
    Hi Ahmet,