I'm opening a new IndexReader for every search request which obviously isn't
the best option.

If I open a reader can I use the same searcher for multiple
requests that are happening simultaneously? If I call close on the searcher
will it close for all the instances?

  • Otis Gospodnetic at Sep 30, 2004 at 10:53 am
    Positive for all your questions.
    I posted some code yesterday that helps with re-using IndexSearcher and
    with re-opening it when the index changes.

    Otis